1031 Exchange – Advanced Strategies
February 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
1031 Exchange – Advanced Concepts is designed to teach the real estate investor and real estate agent how to properly structure a tax deferred exchange. Each of the important tax laws that affect acquisition, operation, recapture, and sale versus exchange will be covered in detail. Students are shown how to capitalize on the loopholes and avoid the traps.
Each of the important guidelines necessary for proper structure of a 1031 exchange are discussed in detail including:
• Property Qualifications – What types of properties can be exchanged.
• Tax Deferral Requirements – The rule of thumb for structuring an exchange so 100% of the tax liability is deferred
• Timeline – How long the investor has to identify and close on target properties.
• Identification Rules – How many potential replacement properties the investor can identify.
Advanced issues discussed include:
• Seller financing and how it complicates a 1031 Exchange.
• Converting a primary residence into a rental and vice versa and the tax implications of both.
• The mechanics behind the reverse and construction exchange and why these types of exchanges might be viable options.
• Disregarded entities and the same taxpayer requirement in a 1031 Exchange.
Who should attend:
Agents, non-licensed assistants, investment property owners or any real estate professional who wants to better understand the 1031 Exchange process and strategies for deferring and avoiding capital gains taxes.