The City of Gardena
The cities of Gardena, Lawndale, Hawthorne and Inglewood are inland from the west- and south-facing communities. Gardena has a long history as an agricultural community was derived from Japanese-American owned truck farms and vast strawberry fields dating back to pre-WWII days. Still preserving its Asian farming roots, Gardena now encompasses a mix of old and new, east meets California west.
Lawndale, Hawthorne, and Inglewood lie just east and north of north Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, and the Los Angeles International Airport. Currently undergoing significant redevelopment, their proximity to the Beach Cities, yet substantially more affordable housing market, makes them an increasingly popular inland destination.
Signage Restrictions: Click here
City Transfer Tax: None
County Transfer Tax: The County assesses a Documentary Transfer Tax on the consideration or value of the interest or real property conveyed (exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance remaining thereon at the time of sale) exceeds $100 at the rate of $0.55 per $500 or fraction part thereof.
Inspection at Sale: None
Building Report at Sale: Click here
Business License for Agents: None
Rent Control: Rent Mediation: The City requires the owner of residential rental units to provide a copy of a booklet entitled “Rent Mediation and Hearing Procedures” for each residential unit and to all new tenants thereafter. More information and the booklet are available Click here.
Special Development Restrictions: None
City-Mandated Deed Provisions: None
First-Time Buyer Programs: C.A.R. Down Payment Resource Click here (member login required)
California Housing Finance Agency Click here
Los Angeles County Home Ownership Program Click here
Home Improvement Programs: Click here
City Website: Click Here
City Phone: (310) 217-9500
Mayor and City Council: Click Here
Meeting Agendas The Gardena City Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Agendas and staff reports are available here.
The Planning Commission meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
Code Enforcement Click Here
Planning Department: Click Here
Police: Click Here
Fire Department: Click Here
Schools: Click Here
- 15407 S Catalina Avenue Gardena CA for sale: MLS #PV22111319 | Weichert
- 15407 S Catalina Avenue, Gardena, CA 90247 - For Sale - Prevu
- 1207 Breckyn Ln, Gardena, CA 90247 - MLS OC22104555 - Coldwell Banker
- 15407 S Catalina Ave, Gardena, CA 90247 | Estately | MLS# PV22111319
- Gardena Home For Sale 16826 Mayflower Circle CA #2755258 - BeachHouse.com
- 1207 Breckyn Ln, Gardena, CA 90247 | 13 Photos | MLS #OC22104555 - Movoto
- 1207 Breckyn Ln, Gardena, CA 90247 | Estately | MLS# OC22104555
- 16826 Mayflower Cir, Gardena, CA, 90247 | MLS #SB22110896 | RocketHomes
- 16826 Mayflower Cir, Gardena, CA 90247 - MLS SB22110896 - Coldwell Banker
- 16826 Mayflower Cir, Gardena, CA 90247 | 53 Photos | MLS #SB22110896 - Movoto