The City of El Segundo
Immediately south of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), lies the community of El Segundo. Originally the site of Standard Oil Company’s second refinery operation (hence its name), El Segundo has become known as an “All American City”. A real small town USA feeling abounds in El Segundo, which boasts a marvelous school system and outstanding community and athletic facilities.
Signage Restrictions: Click here
City Transfer Tax: None
County Transfer Tax: The County assesses a Documentary Transfer Tax on the consideration or value of the interest or real property conveyed (exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance remaining thereon at the time of sale) exceeds $100 at the rate of $0.55 per $500 or fraction part thereof.
Inspection at Sale: None
Building Report at Sale: None
Business License for Agents: None
Rent Control: None
Special Development Restrictions: None
City-Mandated Deed Provisions: None
First-Time Buyer Programs: C.A.R. Down Payment Resource Click here (member login required) California Housing Finance Agency Click here Los Angeles County Home Ownership Program Click here Home Improvement Programs
Home Improvement Programs: Residential Sound Insulation click here (Airport Noise)
Minor Home Repair Program Click here
City Website: Click Here
City Phone: (310) 524-2300
Mayor and City Council: Click Here
Meeting Agendas: The City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month, and the Planning Commission meets on the second and fourth Thursday of each month.
Website links to agendas not available.
The Planning Commission meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Planning Commission agendas are available here.
Code Enforcement: Click Here
Planning Department: Click Here
Fire Department: Click Here
Police: Click Here
Schools: Click Here
- LA Council approves $60M for affordable housing in Hollywood, Koreatown, and Westlake
- 'Birdie'-eye view: McCarthy uses drones for California Topgolf | Construction Dive
- Two Teams Bring $400M Combined AUM To Cetera Network - Financial Advisor Magazine
- Align Capital rolls up boutique accounting firm for WilliamsMarston platform
- Long Beach unemployment rate falls to pre-pandemic level at 4.8%
- The Smallest 40 V, 1.1 mΩ FET in the World from EPC Enables State-of-the-Art Power Density
- Moose Toys Appoints Chedney Rodgers as Senior VP, Global and US Marketing - aNb Media, Inc.
- Garfield, Narbonne earn a trip to Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles Times