The City of Hawthorne
The cities of Gardena, Lawndale, Hawthorne and Inglewood are inland from the west- and south-facing communities. Gardena has a long history as an agricultural community was derived from Japanese-American owned truck farms and vast strawberry fields dating back to pre-WWII days. Still preserving its Asian farming roots, Gardena now encompasses a mix of old and new, east meets California west.
Lawndale, Hawthorne, and Inglewood lie just east and north of north Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, and the Los Angeles International Airport. Currently undergoing significant redevelopment, their proximity to the Beach Cities, yet substantially more affordable housing market, makes them an increasingly popular inland destination.
Signage Restrictions: Click here
City Transfer Tax: None
County Transfer Tax: The County assesses a Documentary Transfer Tax on the consideration or value of the interest or real property conveyed (exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance remaining thereon at the time of sale) exceeds $100 at the rate of $0.55 per $500 or fraction part thereof.
Inspection at Sale: None
Building Report at Sale: None
Business License for Agents None
Rent Control None
Special Development Restrictions None
City-Mandated Deed Provisions None
First-Time Buyer Programs C.A.R. Down Payment Resource Here(member login required) California Housing Finance Agency Here Los Angeles County Home Ownership Program Click here
Home Improvement Programs Information about Section 8 and the Hawthorne Housing Department Click here
City Website Click Here
City Phone (310) 349-2901
Mayor and City Council Click here
Meeting Agendas City Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Planning Commission meets on the first and third Wednesday of the month.
Agendas are available Click here.
Code Enforcement Click Here
Planning Department Click Here
Police Click Here
Fire Department Click Here
Schools Click Here
- 5252 W 125th St, Hawthorne, CA 90250 | Estately | MLS# SB22102311
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Nvidia, Twitter and more - CNBC
- 5252 W 125th St, Hawthorne, CA 90250 - MLS #SB22102311 - BEX Realty
- 5509 W 142nd Street, Hawthorne, CA, 90250 - Casa Bella Properties
- 5252 W 125th Street, Hawthorne, CA, 90250 - Casa Bella Properties
- 5509 W 142nd Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250 | ZeroDown
- Vaccines offer little protection against long Covid, study finds - CNBC
- 5252 W 125th St, Hawthorne, CA 90250 | 34 Photos | MLS #SB22102311 - Movoto
- 3942 W 147th Street, Hawthorne, CA, 90250 - Casa Bella Properties
- City Council Stalemated On Changes To Business License Tax | Culver City, CA Patch